Through our love of food we will deliver trusted products with an uncompromising passion to inspire our people, our customers and our world.
Here are the current opportunities that we have
available at In2Food:
New Product Development Manager
Duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Lead New Product Development and Commercialization of food products
- Manage NPD team, supporting and developing development chefs
- Project management of all product launches, innovations from concept to completion, being point person on project for
coordination between customers, suppliers and internal staff.
- Idea generation, concept development, desk researching, presentation to customers, briefing of suppliers, preparation of
kitchen samples, recipe development, feasibility studies etc
- Category Management i.e. Take ownership of your responsible categories in being aware of competitive market trends,
external markets – Identify opportunities and gaps to present to customer and grow category.
- Develop & drive new products specific to the requirements of each customer/s
- Presentation of concept development as well as industry trends to customers and staff – Stay on trend and relevant
- Review briefs, systems and documents, update, streamline and revise as required.
- Provide operational leadership on all product and packaging initiatives to ensure effective launches as per agreed
- Preparation, maintenance and updating of ingredient declarations and nutritional tables per product.
- Submission, monitoring and analysis of product/s – microbial and chemical
- Responsible for new product development research and development budget – Efficiently managing costs and waste
- Recommend use of consultants where required to support development.
- Effectively manage communication and relationships, internally and externally (suppliers, customers)
- Meticulous and hardworking
- Attention to detail
- Effective multi-tasker
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Professional and service-orientated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A great sense of creative and technical style
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in Product Development and Research & Development
- Experience in dealing with Woolworths
- Relevant marketing experience would be advantageous
- Good understanding of the company’s technical requirements on product, packaging and regulatory.
- Tertiary qualification in either Food Technology or Food Science (ND (Food Tech); BSc (Food Science)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in New Product Development with a good understanding and implementation of
innovation processes and structures.
- Working experience in an FMCG environment is an added advantage.
NOTE: Should you meet the requirements of the position, please send your detailed CV, along with any supporting
documentation (Motivating letter, Certified Qualifications, Letters of reference etc)
Job Ref. no. : SNPD001
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: For all applications will be 5 September 2016
Salary offered: Negotiable depending on relevant qualifications and experience
NOTE: Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful
Change is our friend
Our growth comes from being innovative and adaptable. We embrace and support new ways of working. We empower our people. We provide a safe learning culture.
What we say, we do
Food safety and quality is our priority. We are honest and accountable at all times. We show integrity and transparency in all that we do. We keep promises made to others.
Everyday we show we care
We provide a safe environment where people want to work. We strive to make a difference in our communities. We nurture and protect the world for our children. Our culture is to respect all cultures.
We are passionate about success
We achieve results and celebrate what we do. We work with others as a team to accomplish results and win. We have a “can-do” attitude and drive to get the job done. We will always find ways to improve.